Effective Date of Current Policy: May 4, 2018
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Nebulas and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that Nebulas may collect Personal Information include:
● You may provide Personal Information directly to Nebulas through interacting with the Services, during the Contest and Referral Program signup process, participating in surveys, and requesting Services, or information.
● As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
3.1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Nebulas collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former Contest participants, promotors and sponsors and its current, prospective and former Referral Program participants (collectively “ Individuals ” ).
● Information You Provide Directly to Us . When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an Account with Nebulas, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
● Information Submitted Via Services . You agree that Nebulas is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. Nebulas will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
● Information from Other Sources . We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a Third-Party application, such as an App Store or SNS, we may collect information about you from that Third-Party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through App Stores or SNS accounts may include your name, your SNS user identification number, your SNS user name, location, sex, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts on the SNS. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to Nebulas and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
3.2. How Nebulas Uses Your Information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
● To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested . Nebulas may use information about you to fulfill requests for products, Services, or information, including information about potential or future Services, including to:
● Administrative Purposes . Nebulas may use Personal Information about you for its administrative purposes, including to:
● Marketing Nebulas Products and Services . Nebulas may use Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. Nebulas may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 5 below.
● Research and Development . Nebulas may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and services or develop new products and services. From time to time, Nebulas may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
● Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing . Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on Nebulas ’ or our business partners ’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
● Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use . Nebulas may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access Nebulas ’ Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Nebulas may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Nebulas and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
● Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues . Nebulas ’ Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, Nebulas allows you to provide information about your friends through our referral services, such as “ Tell a Friend. ” Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Email addresses that you may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send your friend or colleague the content or link you request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by Nebulas or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
● Other Uses . Nebulas may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
3.3. Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, Analytics Information, and Interest-Based Advertising
● Cookies . Cookies are small text files placed in visitors ’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
● Pixel Tags/Web Beacons . A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users ’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
● Analytics . We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ . You can opt out of Google ’ s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout . We may also use Umeng analytics tool in order to analyze and improve the Services. For more information about UMeng, please visit https://www.umeng.com/ .
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
● Advertising or Targeting Related . We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
3.4. Third-Party Websites, Social Media Platforms, and Software Development Kits
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Nebulas does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Nebulas ’ Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
3.5. Third-Party Payment Processing
We may sell Virtual Items or Merchandise through our Services. When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a Third-Party application, including the Apple App Store, Google Play App Store, Amazon App Store (together with any similar applications, “ App Stores ” ) and Social Networking Sites ( “ SNS ” ) such as Facebook. The Third-Party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Nebulas, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
● We Use Vendors and Service Providers . We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Nebulas has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
● Business Partners . Nebulas may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates ’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. Nebulas may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner ’ s name will appear, along with Nebulas. Nebulas requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which Nebulas provided them.
● Displaying to Other Users . The content you post to the Site may be displayed on the Site. Other users of the Site may be able to see some information about you, such as your name if you submit a review. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
● Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing . Through our Services, Nebulas may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Nebulas related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “ interest-based advertising ” or “ online behavioral advertising. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 5 below.
● Disclosures to Protect Us or Others (e.g., as Required by Law and Similar Disclosures) . We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other Account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours ’ , ours ’ or others ’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce Nebulas policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to Nebulas; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
4.2. Data Transfers
All Personal Information collected via or by Nebulas may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in Turkey, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to Nebulas, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to Nebulas ’ Processing of your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further Processing by contacting contact @nebulas.io. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
5.2. Email and Telephone Communications
We maintain telephone “ do-not-call ” and “ do-not-mail ” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
5.3. Mobile devices
Nebulas may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. Nebulas may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
5.4. “ Do Not Track ”
Do Not Track ( “ DNT ” ) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
5.5. Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp , or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/ . You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here .
Although Nebulas makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Nebulas is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others ’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual ’ s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Nebulas determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Nebulas will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system ’ s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
By using the Site, Nebulas will transfer data to the U.S., Singapore, the UK, and Canada . By choosing to visit the Site, utilize the Services or otherwise provide information to us, you agree that the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with the Contest or the Referral Program will be in accordance with the Contest Rules and the Referral Program Terms and Conditions, respectively.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the U.S., Singapore, the UK, and Canada and to Processing of your data globally. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and Processing in accordance with this Policy.
The Services are not directed to people under 18. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at cont ac [email protected] . If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child ’ s Account.
● New Uses of Personal Information . Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out. Where consent of the Individual for the Processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Nebulas will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below.
● “ Agent ” means any Third Party that Processes Personal Information pursuant to the instructions of, and solely for, Nebulas or to which Nebulas discloses Personal Information for use on its behalf.
● “ Personal Information ” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ( “ Individual ” ).
● “ Process ” or “ Processing ” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
● “ Sensitive Data ” or “ Sensitive Personal Information ” is a subset of Personal Information which, due to its nature, has been classified by law or by policy as deserving additional privacy and security protections. Sensitive Personal Information includes Personal Information regarding EU residents that is classified as a “ Special Category of Personal Data ” under EU law, which consists of the following data elements: (1) race or ethnic origin; (2) political opinions; (3) religious or philosophical beliefs; (4) trade union membership; (5) genetic data; (6) biometric data where Processed to uniquely identify a person; (6) health information; (7) sexual orientation or information about the Individual ’ s sex life; or (8) information relating to the commission of a criminal offense.
● “ Third Party ” is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the Individual, Nebulas or Nebulas ’ Agents.
Title (Effective Date)